Sunday, January 18, 2009

I've Decided On My Bike





Last fall I decided I wanted to learn to ride a motorcycle and to purchase same sometime in the spring of 2009.

There are steps to such an endeavor such as :

1) Acquiring a learners license (written test).
2) Taking lessons. Cost $700 approx. with Kelowna District Safety Council classes.
3) Taking and passing the final license test.
4) Deciding which Motorcycle to buy.
5) Purchasing the motorcycle.

Well, so far I have done only step 4.

After scouring the Internet for weeks and actually visiting some dealers last fall, the bike I want is the Triumph Street Triple.

I looked at Cruisers to Scooters. My price ceiling is $10,000. I wanted as much bike for my buck as possible. I would rather grow into a bike than grow out of one.

I have no doubt that the Triumph fits that bill to a tee. Less than 400 lbs and having 106 HP (more than 6 of the cars I have owned) ensures a lofty learning curve and hopefully years of biking pleasure.

My goal: To own and ride that bike on or before May 1st. I'll let ya know.