Monday, May 14, 2007

Weight Loss Update



On January 1st of this year I committed myself to accomplishing a significant weight loss.

At that time my scale showed I weighed 193 lbs (87.54 kg).

As of this date that same scale shows I weigh 165 lbs (74.84 kg). A 14.5% weight loss.

Was it difficult? No. Like anything that needs to be accomplished, it's all about commitment.

People who say they just can't lose weight are plainly not committed to doing so.

On the picture above are two reasons why it was easy to accomplish my "diet" was easy.

Many people munch on snacks in the evening while they are watching TV or just sitting around on the deck or backyard.

Unfortunately many of us like to munch on chips, cheesies, cookies, or that kind of empty caloried "food".

These two cereals are good tasting and pack some considerable nutrition. I eat them dry for snacks in the evening as I do not have a large evening meal (the chief secret to weight loss success).

They have protein and fibre. There is a moderate amount of sugar added from evaporated cane juice, not white refined.

Weight loss is all about one thing: Calorie usage and consumption, nothing else. I limited myself to 1700 +/- calories per day and I never felt unusually hungry.