Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Visit Nelson, British Columbia!



If you want a really, really cool place to visit I urge you to spend at least a day in Nelson!

My wife and I just got back from an overnight trip there. I've passed through many times before but this time we stayed and did some exploring.

What a fantastic little town! Amazing architecture and some of the nicest heritage homes I've ever seen.

Big leafy trees on all the streets and a peaceful quiet community.

And the best thing about Nelson is this: It's probably the largest "hippy" community in Canada.

I swear when you walk around the area just up the hill from downtown, you'd think you were back in the '60's.

And many of the shops Downtown reflect the "hippy" culture of the granola eating, tree hugging, and peace loving flower children of the past. You can often smell incense in the air or maybe see and hear a young troubador strumming an acoustic guitar on a back yard porch.

It's just great to be able to escape our right-wing conservative world even for just a couple days.

Map