Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Canadian Idol, Photo Finish


Carly Rae Jepsen


I honestly don't know who's gonna win this thing now. Last week it looked like Brian Melo had it wrapped up. I said it was his to lose.

And he very well might have. Whiter Shade of Pale was a dumb choice of song, Jake's choice I think. No one sings that song, its a plodder. And the 15 second instrumental part in the middle of the song was very awkward. Brian had a problem hitting that loud high note too.

He redeemed himself in the second song somewhat, but I dunno, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't good enough.

I think Carly had her best night ever. Her Janis Ian song, "Seventeen" had everyone on the verge of tears.

I would have preferred her sing "Society's Child", one My Top 30 All Time Songs. But anyway she did the song justice. Her second song "White Flag" was a better version than the original, which I've never liked much.

A perfect song choice for Carly: How about the Joni Mitchell tune, "Chelsea Morning"?

Anyway, Carly was awesome, it would be a shame if, as Zake said, the public didn't get it. But I think she should lay off the Doritos.

What can you say about Jaydee? He's definitely improved over the weeks and now I don't have a problem with him. Still a bit too much twang for my tastes but it wouldn't be a total disaster if he won.

It'll be sad to see any of these three go tonight.