Monday, September 03, 2007

Three Noises That Should Be Outlawed



I've written a lot of stuff that I know a lot of people have disagreed with and maybe even some people have become upset over.

Good! Very satisfying!

Now I'm going to express an opinion that I KNOW will be agreed upon by 99.9% of the population.

We all know Noise Pollution is a problem. Much of it just comes with our Society and there isn't a lot that can be done with it.

But there are three noises that are created that should be outlawed, preferable with the threat of a jail term.

1). Boom Boxes. I'm talking about those Bass fixtures that young males install somewhere in their cars.

There is absolutely no point to these other than for these man-boys to proclaim :

"I am here, and I am young and immature, and I am an asshole!"

There really isn't any other reason. Enhance the music? Give me a break. Most of these Bass explosions are so distorted they are more likely to resemble a train wreck than any type of music.

Who do these young idiotic punks think they are that they can invade the psyche of every living being within a 500 meter range with their obnoxiousness?

Outlaw them and throw offenders in jail.

2). Motorcycle After-Market Exhaust Pipes


You know the one's I'm talking about. No manufacturer ships bikes with noise polluting mufflers. They all conform to noise limits set by the Government.

Once again, young Males (for the most part) feel the need to proclaim their presence by annoying the rest of us. So they buy and install what are really straight pipes with no muffling capability.

For no good reason.

I'm all for exhaust sounds. My 5 Liter Mustang GT makes some really sweet sounds. But that sound is withing reasonable volume limits.

But the Jackhammer sounds of a large (Harley) unmuffled motorcycle engine are anything but pleasant.

They are for one purpose, to announce the fact that: "The rider of this bike is an obnoxious fucking asshole!"

That's about all it does.

3). Propane Canons

Yes rare indeed. But if you've ever lived near an orchard or a crop field that is threatened by birds, you might know of what I write.

Who do these "farmers" think they are, that they feel they can freak the rest of us out by exploding these rude machines?

I say if you can't grow your crop without using them, get another occupation. I can't believe communities allow these things to operate.

Further, I would encourage anyone that has been victimised by these things to sneak up to them in the middle of the night and sabotage them. I would.