Sunday, March 18, 2007

No One is Buying Into "Wireless"


Have you noticed that companies dealing with "handheld communication devices" call themselves a Wireless service?

And have you also noticed that everyone that has one of these devices still calls them a Cell Phone, or just plain Cell.

For whatever reason these companies like Rodgers, Bell and Telus don't like the word Cell but they really like Wireless.

I'm wondering why, since we the paying public, never use the word Wireless, we like the word Cell.

Who's going to give in first? Will the public be re educated into calling their handy little devices: "Hey Bud, call me on my Wireless". I don't think so, since the word Cell is a much less awkward word to say.

It's an undeclared war of stubborn wills that may yet go on for years. I'll keep you posted.