Sunday, November 26, 2006

Blogging and Working


I was talking to a fellow employee yesterday who said she had read some of my Blog and found it amusing that some topics related to people at work.

When I started this Blog I set my self some borders. One of which was not to mention anything or anyone at my workplace. There are lots of horror stories about employees being disciplined and even terminated due to comments made on their Blogs about their Company and/or fellow employees.

So I was a bit taken aback when she mentioned this. Yes there are a few benign references to others in my Technology post and maybe a certain associate could be matched to my Germaphobia post.

When I started each of those posts I truly did not have anyone in mind at work, only while writing could I see an example there. But in saying that anyone knows that any workplace has (one would hope) a wide variety of personalities that could fit any topic discussed.

Of course you have to censor yourself on here to a point. But I am not going to avoid a topic just because someone at work might disagree with my opinion or even be offended by it. Conversely, I am not going to open a discussion just to piss some particular person off.

This Blog is part of my personal life and so I can do with it what I want. But one has to keep in mind the consequences.

So as I said to her I am going on record with this statement:

I work in a wonderful environment where my fellow employees are supportive and respectful. They are all wonderful people employed by a person of extreme vision and compassion.

There.