Thursday, November 09, 2006

Pregnant Women Please Listen !

I work in public place, a busy retail establishment. We see all kinds of people in all forms of dress, some of which might be unusual but most is appropriate.

Lately there has been a trend among very pregnant women to, shall we say, display their pregnancy for all to see. The woman in the accompanying picture is an extreme example but its not far off the norm.

I realise these woman are proud of being pregnant (not sure of the reason for that) but do they have to stick it in our face?

I am a 52 year old man and have the body of a 52 year old. Let's say that I decided to where a shirt that was cut off somewhere between my nipples and my belly button.
It would be a disgusting sight would it not?

And therefore I submit that any woman that displays her belly in a likewise matter is being just as rude. And no, its not different, the analogy is accurate.

Whatever happened to the maternity dress? Why do these women feel the need to do this? It's a hard thing to stomach!